Ex d – flameproof enclosure, for gas zones 1 or 2
Ex t – dust protection by enclosure, for dust areas.
- The sensor is ATEX and/or IECEx certified, it consist of a replaceable Pt100 or TC sensor element specially adapted for Ex d construction (a standard construction element is not fit to be used with Ex d construction), an Ex d grade connection head and possibly a temperature transmitter (types PR5331A, PR5335A, PR5337A, PR5350A, PR5331D, PR5335D, PR5337D or PR5350B). The enclosure is dust protected (Ex t).
- The measuring circuit can be cabled to a safe area and to a standard device (no ATEX/IECEx requirements)
- An Ex d product will be delivered with a datasheet including: dimensional drawing, maximum temperature reference, material data and connection data. A datasheet without a signature is not a valid document. A valid, signed document and a declaration of conformity will be delivered along with a approved sensor.
- The EPIC®SENSOR Group Oy has been granted a ATEX Quality Assurance Notification (VTT 02 ATEX Q001) as required under EU directive 94/9/EC. The notification, issued by VTT Expert Services Ltd., gives the right to produce temperature sensors of Ex e and Ex t type and to assemble temperature sensors of Ex d type explosion protection. Please find a copy of the quality certificate below.
- When certified sensor types are needed, we will assemble sensors marked Ex II 2 G Ex d IIC T5/T6 Gb, Ex II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T80/T95°C Db, according to the product certificate VTT 12 ATEX 055X Issue1. Please find a copy of the product certificate below.
- The EPIC®SENSOR Group’s sensor manufacturing operations have been assessed in an IECEx Quality Assessment Report (FI/VTT/QAR14.0001/01) as required by the EN ISO/IEC 80079-34 standard. The auditing organization was VTT Expert Services Ltd. The report gives the right to manufacture Ex e, Ex t and Ex d type temperature sensors for use in explosive atmospheres and to apply for IECEx approval for them. Please find the IECEx QAR report below.
- When IECEx product certified sensor types are needed, we will apply for authorization for the existing sensor types or produce new ones. IECEx product certificates are applied for on request.